If you missed Part 1, I posted it four months ago and you can find it here: https://lnkd.in/gvsNm4YT
I've been thinking about Part 2 ever since and heard something recently that I (literally) ran to write down. If "Business Athlete" didn't resonate with you before - perhaps it will now with this backdrop:
YOU MAY NOT CONSIDER
YOURSELF AN ATHLETE
BUT YOU DO ATHLETIC THINGS
Athletic things like:
- persistence and practice to improve performance
- commitment to improving/evolving ourselves
- fighting for who and what are bigger than just ourselves
- fitness as #LEADERS
- pride in caring for those in our care
- passing teachings on to the next generation
- finding ways to win every day
- putting on our game faces and making it happen bc there is no other choice that lands well with our souls
This is my game face - my focus and calm - my resiliency coming to life in photo courtesy of the genius of JC Buck. This is my determination to finding ways to win despite whatever odds.
When we think about it this way - we can see - feel - and harness the Business Athlete inside. We can see it in one another.
This is a mindset - a way - a community.
Let's commit together. Train together. Hold ourselves accountable together and get there TOGETHER.
As my dear friend Charles Johnson reminds me - let's KEEP GOING together bc together we will win.