top of page

#SUNDAYSTORIES | BIG MOMENTS & BIG CHALLENGES

Updated: Jul 25, 2023

My dreamy husbabe - John Griffiths - and I just celebrated our eighth wedding anniversary ❤️ and true to how we mark big moments - we tackled a big challenge that's been on our road riding hit list for a couple of years:

🚲 126 miles

🚲 11,739 ft of vert

🚲 into a head wind for the first 60 miles

🚲10hrs 17min moving time

🚲 5,216 calories burned

Thankfully - we trained for it, I consumed a lot of calories during the ride and felt great 90% of the time out there. The other 10% accounts for the long duration with the annoying non-stop headwind - the fact that I needed to consume even MORE calories - the combo of heat and traffic during one stretch.


I had a lot of time on the bike to NOT think but also TO think INTENTIONALLY - and here are the things made the cut for this post:


1) Overthinking in life and in biking creates inertia and is for the birds ... I've been a champion overthinker in both arenas and/but have been consciously evolving from that. Thankfully, I didn't think much about the ride at all prior to doing it and in work recently, I've swapped moving forward for overthinking. This phrase came to me mid-ride:

➡ WHETHER YOU THINK YOU CAN OR YOU CAN'T - YOU'RE RIGHT.


2) Deeeeeeeep into the ride I had a struggle-bus mental moment and asked myself why I was even doing that crazy big ride?! A variety of answers kept me going: to spend time with the love of my life, to enjoy the day out, to see how I'd fare in the challenge, to practice for a 100 mile mountain bike race in the Fall. But afterward, these answers came to me and made me smile inside out:

➡ TO REMIND MYSELF I CAN DO HARD THINGS & TRIUMPH

➡ TO REMIND MYSELF THAT PRACTICE, PERSISTENCE & PATIENCE PAY OFF

➡ COMPLETING BIG CHALLENGES CAN FEEL GRATIFYING


I share all of this with you #LEADERS - hoping it's helpful to you as you take on whatever challenges you are facing these days ... Here they are again for you so you can keep them handy for easy reference this week and on the journey ahead!

➡ BELIEVE YOU CAN - YOU'RE RIGHT

➡ YOU DO HARD THINGS & TRIUMPH

➡ PRACTICE, PERSISTENCE & PATIENCE PAY OFF

➡ COMPLETING BIG CHALLENGES IS GRATIFYING


3 views0 comments

コメント


bottom of page